Brrrr….winter is in full blast here in Western Mass and we have some tips for keeping warm and cozy on the chilly days ahead!
There’s nothing better than a hot drink or bowl of soup to warm you up quickly. Here are a few of our favorite suggestions:
- Enjoy the French Onion Soup or New England Clam Chowder at Arizona Pizza Company or watch your wood-fired pizza being made in the flames of their brick oven.
- Try the Ramyan Soup at Kkuljaem Korean Kitchen, a Korean ramen.
- A coffee from Starbucks Inside Target is always a good bet. Try their new Pistachio Latte.
- Make a delicious cup of hot chocolate with Justamere Farms Maple Hot Cocoa Mix sold by Chase Hill Farms, or the Hot Cocoa and Boozy Hot Cocoa bombs sold by Fortuna Artisan Crafts and Cookies, both at the Winter Farmers’ Market.
When you have to bundle up in the winter, you may as well do it in style.
- JCPenney and Target have great selections of coats, scarves, boots, gloves, slippers and sweaters, that you’re sure to find something you love. We like the softness of the Mixit Oblong Scarves at JCPenney and Stars Above Perfectly Cozy Lounge Jogger Pants at Target. When you need some extra warmth, try a heated microplush blanket or faux fur throw.
- You can also shop cold weather accessories, outerwear and boots at Dick’s Sporting Goods–their double layered cozy cabin socks are extra soft and snuggly.
- For something unique, From Fiber to Fashion sells alpaca socks, hats, ponchos, slippers and scarves at the Winter Farmers’ Market.
- JoAnn has tons of fabrics in every color and style imaginable and their fleece and flannel event sale is going on until February 10. Browse their project ideas for inspiration here: https://www.joann.com/projects/projects-videos/new-projects/
Take some time for yourself and relax in a hot bath on a cold night.
- Light some candles from Bath and Body Works and let their newly released scents whisk you away to warmer weather! Sephora Inside JCPenney also has a wide variety of bath bombs, bubble bath, and bath soaks. Make sure to grab some moisturizer and lotion to keep your skin hydrated from the dry winter air.
Or you can keep working on those fitness goals and work up a sweat!
- Dick’s Sporting Goods has all you need to build your home gym and get started on your workout routine, from exercise equipment to running shoes and everything in between. And if you’re adventurous enough to brave the cold, shop their snow sport gear including sleds, snowboards, and more.
- JCPenney and Target also have a great selection of activewear, fitness mats, resistance bands and more.
- And for those that want to come to the gym, Planet Fitness is here for you. Download the PF App or visit the Hadley page here to access their Crowd Meter. It will show you how many members are there! Plus you can access at home workouts from their app too.
And for the days where it’s just too cold to get out of your car, a number of stores offer curbside pickup! Click here and select Curbside Pickup from the dropdown menu.