As the Customer Experience Supervisor II – You are accountable for driving profitable sales growth by leading and engaging associates, coaching associates on customer service, leading company training initiatives, delivering company checkout experience strategies and Omnichannel processes.
- Customer Service & Sales – Acts as a role model for the Manager on Duty program while directing customer service activities throughout the store. Models and holds team accountable for outstanding customer service. Greets and assists customers in finding products and partners with other team members when additional help is needed. Actively listens to customer issues to resolve problems. Maximizes sales and service by ensuring staff is scheduled appropriately, and by managing FIND more, credit, rewards and gift card programs.
- Cashier Performance – Trains, mentors and coaches all cashier associates on checkout procedures to ensure outstanding service behaviors are consistently exhibited. Regularly observes and ensures associates consistently follow and implement checkout experience processes. Monitors associate efficiency by utilizing Point of Sale productivity metrics.
- Line Management and Checkout Standards – Proactively shifts resources to checkouts based on observed fluctuations in store traffic. Reduces wait times during peak traffic periods by utilizing Mobile Point of Sale, Satellite Registers and Expeditor stations. Partners appropriately to stock all Impulse futures and to identify checkout supply needs.
- Human Resources / People Management – Creates and monitors the store’s open requisitions and routes qualified applicants to the appropriate hiring manager. Coordinates the interview Talent Tryout process. Schedules and coordinates new hire orientations and training and administers ongoing associate training. Partners with the Sales Floor Supervisor and General Manager on training compliance. Reviews schedules and makes productive edits to further optimize resources.
- Omnichannel – Trains, mentors and coaches all associates at jcp.com. Pickup location on processes and transaction procedures related to delivery and return of jcp.com orders. Manages all Ship from Store, Buy Online Pick Up In Store and Curbside Pickup order processes within the prescribed time periods. Monitors and shares Ominchannel and reporting metrics and takes action to resolve issues.
- Performance Standards – Supportive of company shrink and safety initiatives. Meets established performance standards for the role on a consistent basis, including (but not limited to) the company’s iCAP (Credit) program, product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
To achieve success at JCPenney, a Customer Experience Supervisor possesses the following core competencies:
Embraces a Growth Mindset: Proposes and initiates actions on new ideas that improve our product, stores or practices. Will listen to ideas and suggestions and applies ideas when appropriate, champions new initiatives. Encourages others and their self to stretch beyond current capabilities. Willing to be a catalyst for change by challenging the status quo and motivates others to make improvements. Uses the growth mindset by seeing change as an opportunity to learn and grow.
Thinks Critically: Demonstrates business and functional expertise and stays current with developments in the retail industry; applies learning to drive company goals. Will gather the necessary information to fully understand the scope of the problem; applies critical thinking to develop options, identify assumptions and consider impacts. Uses fact-based analysis to guide decision-making; summarizes analysis clearly and succinctly and recommends a course of action.
Demonstrates Leadership: Creates an environment that fosters teamwork, recognizes others’ accomplishments and respects and values differences in the workplace. Requires high personal and team performance standards, leads by example and motivates others to perform at a higher level. Able to give and is open to constructive performance feedback; holds self and others accountable for performance and actions. Creates a culture of development by coaching and teaching others. Aligns goals, processes, and culture to create momentum and champion a One Team approach.
Takes Accountability: Takes responsibility for excellent customer experiences and reliably delivers solutions that meet customer needs. Is able to build relationships by showing consideration for the perspectives of others, listening first before drawing conclusions. Develops positive and inclusive relationships across the organization
Implements with Excellence: Develops and prioritizes short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting company goals. Implements project/plans that are well-organized and efficient, seeks feedback and takes needed action. Demonstrates the ability to effectively delegate work and communicates plans and expectations to others.
Drives Results: Demonstrates a sense of urgency to act decisively and quickly. Establishes aggressive goals and takes appropriate risks to achieve results. Shows confidence when challenged and will do the right thing even when it’s hard. Strives to achieve excellent results by creating a culture of continuous improvement.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company’s mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. All associates are eligible for an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.