*UPDATED March 19th, 2020*
Pyramid Announces Closure of all Interior Portions of its Massachusetts Shopping Centers Effective 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 19th, 2020
Syracuse, NY – Given the current circumstances surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), combined with the restrictions and closures of restaurants, movie theatres, gyms, and more, Pyramid Management Group (PMG) has instructed its employees to close all interior portions of its Massachusetts shopping centers. The action is consistent with government directed closures in Holyoke and PMG shopping centers in New York State. This order excludes certain tenants such as Target, PetSmart, Trader Joe’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, JoAnn’s and Arizona Pizza Company with exterior access.
Modified hours for stores remaining open are as follows:
- Target will remain open with reduced hours: Monday thru Sunday 8am-9pm
- Trader Joe’s will remain open with reduced hours: Monday thru Sunday 9am-7pm
- Dick’s Sporting Goods will remain open for ONLINE PRE-ORDER PICK UP ONLY from 9am-6pm
- PetSmart will remain open: Monday thru Sunday 9am-9pm
- JoAnn’s will remain open with reduced hours: Monday thru Sunday 11am-7pm
- Arizona Pizza Company will open at 12pm daily for takeout only
Pyramid is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with respect to COVID-19 and will provide updates as they become available.
While efforts to contain COVID-19 continue to evolve, we have taken proactive and voluntary steps to address the current situation.
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing
Disinfecting surfaces is one key way to minimize the spread of viruses, according to the CDC. Our teams are adding additional resources to clean and sanitize our centers and have implemented the use of CDC-recommended cleaning and disinfectant solutions.
- Following CDC-recommended guidelines
Simple personal hygiene is essential to minimizing the spread of the COVID-19 and other viruses. We are actively reminding and encouraging our employees, tenants and each of you to follow CDC preventative measures as part of their daily routines:
- Wash your hands
- Cover your cough
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Providing visuals for general hygiene
Our employees and tenants are at the epicenter of everything we do—their health, safety and knowledge are absolutely critical. Here is how we are supporting them so they can better support you:
- We are creating visual reminders for following CDC-recommended guidelines for use with their teams
We are monitoring the situation very closely and following the guidance of the CDC. We are in direct communication with department of health officials in each of our markets and following their recommendations for preventative measures, in addition to from the CDC.
We will react accordingly should the situation progress.